The Snow & Ice Management Association (SIMA) launched its first visibility campaign by retaining SC to conceptualize, create, and implement a campaign to position SIMA as the go to resource for snow management information. SC did just that. In the first year of the campaign, we set up the organization's campaign infrastructure, created new materials, trained SIMA staff and leaders, forged relationships with related associations and secured more than 500mm media impressions.
This campaign was presented at the Public Relations Society of America's International Conference, October 2014 and at ASAE's 2015 Annual Meeting as a Small Staff case study.
- Launch a new visibility campaign that positions SIMA as the go to resource for information about snow and ice management.
- Leverage SIMA members as ambassadors across the U.S. and Canada
- Secure opportunities for SIMA to work with related organizations
- Create materials to make SIMA relevant to journalists during snow events.
- Produced 7 tip sheets to help consumers navigate snow and ice
- Created 55 media lists corresponding to cities where they had snow and ice
- Identified SIMA spokespersons from among the association's leaders
- Provided media training (phone and in person) to SIMA staff and leaders
- Conducted training for fly-in participants.
- Secured opportunities with related associations including placing articles, authoring guest blogs, presenting at conferences and holding webinars.
- Brokered five relationships between SIMA and other associations.
- Placed eight articles, three guest blogs, held webinars.
- Trained 20 staff and leaders on how to talk to the press
- Trained 23 participants for SIMA's fly-in.
- Obtained 500M media impressions including those on The Weather Channel, Accuweather and the Wall St Journal as well as hundreds of local TV, radio and print stories.
- By the third year of the campaign, journalists were proactively contacting SIMA during snow events.